Game World!

Join A World Of Gamers

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Popular Posts

Monday 26 July 2021

Does a tuner make your car louder?

 Im not saying my Zoomers and Headers are too quiet, but I could bear more. Another member OmahaRumble loaded a 91 Tune and it made the Zoomers too loud for him. He has more sensitive ears than others, so too loud for him should be just right for me.


If it does, then I'll look forward to the tune that much more. Power increase AND sound increase AND it'll pass inspection.
Hedsic

Registered
Joined 
107 Posts
I have noticed a significantly louder tone from mine with the 91 tune installed
A knight

Registered
 
2013 Challenger SRT8
Joined 
1,149 Posts
Hmmm I don't see how the tune itself could change the sound of the car.
19johned53

 

Registered
 
Joined 
10,644 Posts
Yes, my '10 R/TC's loudness and tone changed with a "HF" custom tune.


Sounded perfect with the Flowmasters :)
ezndo

Registered
 
Joined 
191 Posts
This definitely occurred when I installed a tune on my 2010 Raptor, so I imagine it would be the same on the Challenger. Cold starts wake the dead!

Registered
Joined 
10 Posts
I just installed 93 tune, haven't noticed any different than was before, SWEET! But I still have the stock exhaust on my 15 392.
TA Addict

Registered
 
Joined 
207 Posts
I've always experienced that a tune/tweak changes the tune of the exhaust on everything. Numerous cars and motorcycles that I've had could go from nice and mild to feeling the thump in your chest just via tuning.
ddeennis

Registered
 
2013 Challenger SXT
Joined 
1,221 Posts
The more horsepower and engine makes the louder the exhaust gets, more air in and more air out. It's simple really, that why cai with the larger filter make the exhaust louder, making more power.

I'm so surprised by the amount of people who don't get it, for example, many will say cai just makes noise-meaning makes the exhaust louder. In the same breath they will say it just makes noise but no power.

Why do you think the exhaust gets louder, the engine is moving more air, more air means more power. So with a tune, you making more power, moving more air the exhaust gets louder.

I have rebuilt so many engine thru my life and hooked them back up to the same exhaust for a customer and they would ask, did you do something with the exhaust, nope, with a sup'd up engine moving more air makes the exhaust louder.

Rest of you doing the same thing, making more power and sending it thru the same exhaust, the tone will change, if the tone didn't change you not moving no more extra air or making more power.

Registered
 
Joined 
132 Posts
Have you noticed much of a power difference with your tune? I have a 2015 SRT 392 and have heard mixed opinions about if a tune is worth the money for this particular trim.
EricG

Registered
 
Joined 
4,291 Posts
I get the theory and of course if you build an engine and change the internals it will of course be louder...but if you are getting a tune for and expecting your exhaust to sound a lot different...in my experience...don't get your hopes up for much.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Floating Button

Button