Game World!

Join A World Of Gamers

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 23 June 2022

Do the shorter shot lengths in modern movies bother anyone else?


I never really noticed how short each shot is in a lot of movies until I started watching films with longer shots, and I realized how much better I like it. I feel much more in the moment and I have time to take everything in, even in a fight scene I feel like not moving around or switching the camera as much helps me take in what’s happening a lot better. I don’t see a lot of those longer shots in most new movies, and I’m kind of curious as to why. Are shorter shots and more cut aways made to keep an audience’s attention span better? Is there some other reason? Because so far the movies that have more time in each shot feel much more enjoyable to watch for me than the typical viewing experience of one with constant camera switches. I feel like it’s inviting you to take a look around and see what’s going on for yourself, rather than showing you around to the exact areas it wants you to look at. I guess it feels like it treats the audience like it’s smarter. I don’t know, what do you guys think? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/RnW4Yqj

Floating Button

Button