Game World!

Join A World Of Gamers

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 20 June 2021

Why is self development important?

 Why Is Personal Development So Important?



September is recognized nationally as self-improvement month. Self-improvement, as defined by Merriam-Webster, is the act or process of improving oneself by one’s own actions; it is an instance or result of such improvement. This improvement helps re-focus our lives and typically results in a positive change. It takes time, but the time dedicated to self-improvement is substantial. 

Self-improvement is not a change that occurs overnight, but one that can take months or even years. It is important to prioritize your life in order for self-improvement to occur. Self-improvement helps enhance strengths, improve mental health, and even heal relationships. Some ways of self-improvement include simple tasks such as reading a book, trying something new, mediating, or even waking up early. There are so many simple, effective ways to start a self-improvement process. 

Leaders should focus on self-improvement the same way followers should. Self-improvement is important for a leader so they can evolve in their leadership development and continue to develop skills across a range of areas that help build a stronger culture. When leaders begin to focus on self-improvement, this also helps with contributing a clear vision for the team. The ideas behind self-improvement differentiate a good leader versus a great one. 

Self-improvement is a journey that I have begun since I started my time here at the University of Illinois. College is a time in your life where you are learning more about yourself. Throughout high school, I was always nervous to try new things. Sometimes even, I felt like I needed to be someone who had to do everything right and please everyone. I felt at times I couldn’t be my true self. When this time for college came, this is when my self-improvement process began. I tried new things, took new risks, and overall became a better version of myself. It is an ongoing process, but one with positive impacts. 

Self-improvement is something that takes time. I am still working on ways to improve myself. The moment I decided to prioritize my life and ways of self-improvement is one that made me happier, stronger, and more confident. It has also made me a better leader in new ways I never realized. It is important to recognize self-improvement and to begin or even continue that process.

Floating Button

Button