Game World!

Join A World Of Gamers

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 July 2021

Do not give up in doing good?

 Gal. 6:9- “Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

I’ve always found Galations 6:9 encouraging because, let’s face it, sometimes it’s easy to grow “weary in doing good.” We don’t see results as quickly as we’d like to. We’ve got plenty of other things on our schedules, vying for our time. The work of doing good can be laborious. Doesn’t the promise that we’ll “reap a harvest if we do not give up” give you a little pep in your step?

Well, as I was reading that verse today, I noticed something I never caught before: it’s written in the first person plural.

When I’ve previously read this verse, I’ve always thought I shouldn’t grow weary because someday I’ll reap a harvest, and it has encouraged me to keep going. But that’s not what the verse says!

It says “we,” as in a joint venture.

This simple observation lead me to think about how much we need each other if we’re truly going to do good. We need each other’s skills, experiences, encouragement and prayers in order to be effective in the good we long to accomplish.

And that makes me so thankful for YOU…those who are pursuing the harvest with me, those who give, pray, travel, introduce their friends, and wash dishes at events. Those who fill orphan gift banks and those who volunteer their time. Those who support their friend’s short-term trip. And you, reading this email.

The Boaz family is one big “we,” and we’re seeing a harvest. Let’s not give up!

Believing in miracles,
April Jurgensen

Floating Button

Button