Game World!

Join A World Of Gamers

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday 8 April 2021

Finally watched Palm Springs; DEFINITELY worth all the hype it got!! [SPOILERS] 10/10 would recommend.


I might be late to the party, but I FINALLY watched Palm Springs. And is it a great fucking movie, or what? I have no clue why I put it off for all these months. First of all, excellent writing and direction. I don't know much about the director, but damn he's talented. In my opinion, this movie, right from the jump had a sense of self awareness, and yet, the writers did not back down from taking the story down a serious plot-intensive path when the moment called for it. I absolutely love how they set up the time loop scenario and how there's no escaping. But you know, as a viewer, that something's going to happen, and shit's going to hit the fan. And it when it actually does happen, it's satisfying to watch. I also found it funny how the switch up the whole 'running to the airport' climax in all rom coms with a 'running to a time-looping cave' climax. This film has the right amount of sci-fi for a comedy/drama film like this. I thought about it a lot, but I still do not know if it's just lazy writing or too good of a writing job to just leave many things unexplained, especially the ending. But whatever it is, I dig it.Also, great job by the cast too. JK Simmons nails his role (what's new) and although I won't say it's the "greatest" acting job by a lead pair, Samberg and Milioti did a really fine job in this movie. They had a super amazing chemistry too, imo. The scene in the very beginning of the movie where Nyles helps Sarah by bailing her out of giving the speech, I knew at that very moment that these two were going to have a fucking great chemistry.Overall, I'd say it's a pretty funny, well written, and a thoroughly-entertaining movie. I think it's THE perfect lazy Saturday afternoon movie to chill with. It might sound like a weird compliment idk but these are my absolute favorite types of movies. I can't really describe what's the type, but these movies just hit different. Anyways, I'll end my rant here. And if you haven't watched it yet, what are you doing? Go watch it asap! via /r/movies https://ift.tt/39YwBB0

Floating Button

Button