Game World!

Join A World Of Gamers

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Popular Posts

Sunday 7 August 2022

What's a sequel that tries to undo what the previous film did?


I recently re-watched Men in Black and and MiB II on Netflix. I hadn't seen either one in over a decade, and I couldn't help but notice how the second one tries to undo some of the progress of the first one. The woman who is set up to be J's new partner at the end of the first Men in Black makes no appearance in the second one and was neuralyzed by a jaded, partner-hopping J: "She wanted to go back to the morgue. I helped her." Likewise, the woman that K was set up to be with, one of the reasons he retired from MiB, leaves him (far offscreen) because he gets a strange gut feeling when he looks up at the stars. Now K is the only one who can help J overcome the new crisis.I still enjoyed the movies, but the blatant shifting and finagling to get things as close to the original Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones formula made me a little uncomfortable. It feels a unfair to the other characters, and I would have been more excited to see the second movie go in new directions than try to retread so much of the same ground. The thing is, I know MiB II isn't even close to the only offender, or the worst one. What's another movie that jumps through hoops to erase the events set in motion by the last movie, just so they can do the same thing all over again? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/A9FWCUO

Floating Button

Button